Are you an art enthusiast looking for a daily dose of inspiration and updates on the latest happenings in the art world? Look no further! We’ve scoured through countless blogs to bring you the ultimate list of the best art blogs out there. From renowned museums to independent artists, these blogs cover everything from contemporary art trends to historical masterpieces. Whether you’re an artist yourself or simply appreciate fine art, these blogs are sure to pique your interest and leave you inspired. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and dive into our top picks for the best art blogs around!
What is an art blog?
An art blog is a blog that focuses on the discussion and promotion of art. This can include news, reviews, interviews, opinions, and more. An art blog can be a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest in the art world, as well as get inspired by seeing what other artists are doing.
The different types of art blogs
There are a variety of art blogs that cater to different audiences. For example, some art blogs focus on showcasing the work of up-and-coming artists, while others provide news and criticism about the art world. Here are a few popular art blogs that you may want to check out:
1. Art Fag City: This blog covers the latest in contemporary art, with an emphasis on exhibitions and events in New York City.
2. Hyperallergic: This blog offers news and commentary about the arts, from an academic perspective.
3. Two Coats of Paint: This blog is devoted to painting and sculpture, with an emphasis on critical analysis and discussion.
4. Your Daily Paintings: This blog features one new painting each day, along with commentary from the artist.
The best art blogs for inspiration
There are many art blogs out there, but which ones are the best? Here is a list of the best art blogs for inspiration and news in the art world:
1. Art Fag City: This blog is written by artist Willamette Holman and offers an insider’s view of the contemporary art world.
2. The Jealous Curator: Written by Danielle Krysa, this blog features artists who inspire her, as well as interviews and tips for artists.
3. Booooooom: This blog covers a wide range of topics related to art, including exhibitions, interviews, and reviews.
4. Hyperallergic: This blog covers news and stories about the arts from around the world with a focus on underrepresented voices.
5. Two Coats of Paint: This blog is written by artists Shawn Messonnier and Laura Owens and focuses on painting and other visual media.
The best art blogs for news
There are a lot of great art blogs out there, but which ones are the best for news? Here are our top picks:
1. Artforum: This site is a go-to source for news and reviews in the art world. They have a comprehensive blog that covers everything from major exhibitions to up-and-coming artists.
2. Huffington Post Arts: The Huffington Post has a great arts section that covers both national and international news. They also have an excellent blog roll, so you can always find something new to read.
3. Hyperallergic: This site is devoted to covering the intersection of art and politics. They have breaking news stories as well as features and interviews with artists and curators.
4. ARTnews: ARTnews is one of the oldest and most respected art publications in the world. Their website features daily news updates, as well as articles on trends, exhibitions, and more.
5. The Saatchi Gallery: The Saatchi Gallery website is devoted to contemporary art, with a focus on emerging artists. Their blog features regular interviews, previews of upcoming exhibitions, and more.
How to start your own art blog
If you’re an artist, chances are you’ve thought about starting your own art blog. After all, what better way to share your work with the world and connect with other artists?
Starting an art blog is easy, and there are a number of platforms you can use to do it. We recommend WordPress or Tumblr, as they’re both easy to use and have a wide range of features.
Once you’ve chosen a platform, it’s time to start creating content. Your blog should be a mix of images, text, and videos showcasing your work. You can also write articles about the art world in general, or share tips and advice for other artists.
The most important thing is to be consistent with your content and update your blog regularly. If you do that, you’ll soon build up a following of loyal readers who can’t wait to see what you post next!
There you have it – our list of the best art blogs for inspiration and news in the art world. No matter your interest or skill level, there’s something here for everyone. We hope you’ll explore these sites and discover some new favorites! Be sure to check back frequently so that you can stay up-to-date on all things art related. Happy reading!